Community Council Info
The Community Council is integral to our governance. It works to bring our congregants together in a community and deepen relationships. They plan a wide range of events and aid the Growing and Deepening Council on special services and other aspects of the service. See below for a list of all their duties.
Community Council Meeting Info
The Council meets at 7:00 pm on the 3rd Tuesday of the month via Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 917 7771 6358
Or call in: 1.312.626.6799
- Belonging, sharing, and organizing
- Gatherings such as potlucks
- Sunday snack sign-up sheet
- Radical hospitality
- Welcome/greeting new members and guests
- Creating a space of inclusion (LGBTQIA+, BIPOC, and all ages, abilities, and backgrounds)
- New member integration/membership
- Coalition building
- Working with other organizations to maximize our community roles
- Caring and compassion
- This council is available to meet with family and friends who are struggling and have concerns. Depending on the situation, we may offer empathy and active listening, visit once or ongoing, and provide follow-up to ensure that individuals in our fellowship to do fall through the cracks. You are welcome to reach out to Pat Conrad for any caring and compassion needs at (701) 425-6281 or email@example.com.