Become a Member
How Does Someone Become a Member of the Bis-Man UU?
To become a member of the Bis-Man UU you must first make the decision for yourself. You must choose the Bis-Man Unitarian Universalist Fellowship as your spiritual home, a place to grow and nurture yourself and others. We invite you to come walk your path, accompanied by others doing the same.
Why Become a Member?
- Members take on the mantle and legacy of stewardship for this church.
- Members have a voice in shaping this church community and the work of the shared ministries we carry out inside and outside our doors. Members vote and participate in the democratic process that elects leaders and steer the priorities of the church.
- Members are eligible to serve as delegates in the annual General Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA).
- Members are able to hold leadership positions.
- Members have the privilege of receiving rites of passage at the church, officiated by one of our ministers. Such events include weddings, child dedications, and memorial services.
- Members receive a complimentary subscription to the UU World magazine, a monthly print and digital publication of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
Become a Member: The Path to Membership
- Please contact Office Administrator Angela Dagman at the church office: 701.223.6788.
- If you are new to the church, we encourage you to get to know us over the course of a year, so that you can experience the community and UU faith in action on a deeper level. We recommend that you:
- Attend at least one class, small group experience, or social gathering at the church or in a member’s home.
- Volunteer in some way within the church community.
- Meet with the Board Treasurer about your pledge commitment. By making and fulfilling a financial pledge of whatever size is right for you, you are not only showing a commitment to sustaining this community, but also participating in the planning process for the budget.
- Meet with a Board Trustee to discuss which church council you will join and become an active participant on.
- Sign the Membership book.